I'm not sure whether it's because my life has changed quite a bit in the last few months or just that we're coming to the end of another year, but I seem to be reminiscing about the past on a regular basis these days (just call me old!). Purely by coincidence I met up with an old friend the other day, and naturally we started chatting about our uni days and pondering on how life has changed since then. I know I certainly feel more confident and happier in myself, and hopefully wiser too. So if I could go back here's what I'd tell my younger self:
1. Stop worrying about pleasing everyone. Your true friends will appreciate you for who you are and those who don't won't stay in your life for long anyway.
2. Try to see the bigger picture and don't get so stressed out about the little things.
3. Remember that everything will always works out for the best and even though it may feel like the end of the world at the time, one day you'll look back and realise it was a good thing.
4. Make the most of every opportunity, one day you'll look back and treasure those memories.
5. Finally take the opportunity to travel whenever you can. In a few years you'll visit Australia and kick yourself for not exploring more during the summer holidays.
Did you enjoy the video? What advice would you give to your younger self?
*Post sponsored by Simply be